- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- JE-Saint Helier
- Job / Mission
- OPERATION PROCESSING
Main job purpose:
To fulfil the role of Company Secretary or Assistant Company Secretary, depending on level of experience, to a selection of fund entities.
- Act as Company Secretary to a portfolio of fund boards
- Provide regulatory and procedural guidance to the boards on company related matters.
- Review changes in legislation and Corporate Governance, disseminate implications to the team and assist with procedural changes where necessary.
- Assist with team projects / initiatives.
- Liaison with Client/Directors to arrange and facilitate Board meetings (availability, rooms, telephone etc.).
- Preparation and circulation of material for Board Meetings.
- Attend / host board meetings.
- Draft written minutes of each meeting and circulate as appropriate for approval.
- Set up and maintain hard copy statutory record files in accordance with regulatory requirements for all new companies and ensure timely filing of documents.
- Log agreements on master agreements log per client.
- Complete and update Signatory mandates.
- Completion and submission of JFSC Registry annual confirmations.
- Ensure statutory fees are paid including the following: Ensure distribution of accounts is correctly completed and filed with statutory bodies.
- Notify JFSC of changes to officers, signatories, directors, auditors, manager, proposed alteration to fund documentation e.g. prospectus, agreements, change of registered office.
- Maintain Directors and Secretary’s registers.
- Maintain Members register.
- Maintain Seal register (if applicable).
- Maintain Registers of Associates.
- Maintain Registers of Connected Customers/Insider list.
- Assist with the maintenance of the teams various Company Secretarial Procedures.
- Gather and have available KYC information for new Directors or other persons where required.
- Assist with preparation of any Regulatory compliance visits.
- Assist with review of all accounts, draft prospectuses, draft agendas for meetings, draft marketing material in accordance with appropriate legislation.
- Maintain procedures in line with all legislative requirements under which funds operate and ensure all statutory returns are made accurately and on a timely basis in accordance with the law.
- Review SLAs and ensure adherence and regular reviews are completed.
- Prepare Directors’ and Officers’ Insurance Proposal Forms and ensure cover is maintained.
- Arrange for client company letterhead to be set up and available.
- Cover for team members when necessary.
- Good knowledge of the offshore fund industry particularly concerning the regulatory requirements and the role of the company secretary.
- Understanding of the laws and regulations applicable to the management and administration of a fund operation.
(Full training will be provided as required)
- Ideally hold or be working towards an industry relevant professional qualification such as ICSA.
- At least 2 years relevant industry experience.
- Strong team ethic
- Effective communication skills
- Strong client service orientation
- Excellent time management ability
- The ability to work under pressure
- Judgment and problem solving
All qualifications listed under the following headings:
- Regulation & Compliance
- Investments & Operations