- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- JE-Saint Helier
- Job / Mission
- OPERATION PROCESSING
Main Job Purpose:
To work as part of the Fund Accounting team providing private equity fund valuation and accounting services to private equity funds and underlying private equity fund vehicles ensuring that they are fully compliant with fund documentation, legal, regulatory requirements and accounting standards to which they are subject.
Ensuring that the provision of fund accounting services are aligned with the client SLA’s, all internal and external deadlines are understood and met and all operational policies, procedures and checklists are followed.
Reporting to the Manager.
- To assisting in preparing and analysing monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual Financial Statements with supporting documentation.
- To assist in preparation of monthly valuations, reconciliations of fund draw downs and distributions, accruals, expenses etc.
- To input double entry bookkeeping to the accounting system.
- To assist in the cash reconciliation and management for the Funds
- To assist in preparation of draw down, equalisation and distribution calculations in accordance with the Fund documentation.
- To assist in preparation of Fund investor capital statements as required.
- To assist in preparation of Fund and investor IRR calculation as required.
- To attend client and audit meetings as required in relation to the provision of Financial Statements to investors.
- To liaise with various external and internal parties (e.g. client, external auditor, other BNP offices etc) in the day to day accounting of the Fund and other custom reporting and projects for specific investor needs.
- To provide input in relation to the review and monitoring of existing business process, procedures and checklists to maximise efficiency and productivity in the PE Team.
- Good accounting skills
- Good time management skills
- Good prioritisation skills to deal with a high volume of time sensitive tasks quickly and appropriately
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Package with emphasis on Excel and Word
- Basic understanding of fund structures and fund cash flows
- Basic understanding of the PE industry
- To be a team player and to help and step in to assist other members of the team when required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and able to deal with various parties both internal and external
- Organised. The ability to manage workload and to meet all deadlines
- Demonstrate motivation and ability to learn new applications and processes
- Ability to work consistently to meet client deadlines
- An interest to study towards ACCA/ACA or similar qualifications.
- Prior experience of PE and fund accounts preparation.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and capable of working independently.
- Aware of the necessity to attention to details.