- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- JE-Saint Helier
- Job / Mission
- OPERATION PROCESSING
Main Job Purpose
To work as part of the team providing high quality service delivery to our Private Capital client base, moving in a rotational pattern throughout the various teams within the department. This is a rotational, training role, allowing the employee to gain a full understanding of the end to end servicing model for fund administration, fund accounting, corporate services, investor services, and business implementation within our Private Capital team.
Our service model aims to provide high quality service delivery to private equity funds and underlying private equity fund vehicles ensuring that they are fully compliant with fund documentation, legal and regulatory requirements to which they are subject. Part of this model requires that we have the correct pool of talented resource, with a well rounded knowledge of our clients and their requirements, and a clear career path within the organisation to mirror the enhanced exposure to our business.
The role holder will work with the relevant team Managers, but will ultimately report in to a Private Capital Service Delivery Team Head who will provide the appropriate coaching and guidance throughout the rotational programme.
The rotational element of the role will take place over an 18 month period and at the end of the programme, the role holder will with the support of the Head of Fund Services move in to an appropriate role within the Private Capital team. This role will be (at least) the equivalent level of Senior Fund Accountant/Administrator. The exact job title may vary depending on the team, but the level of seniority will be equivalent or higher depending on performance and suitability.
Key Responsiblities and Elements of the Programme
- A time period of between 4 – 12 weeks will be spent in each of the following teams, in a rotational pattern:
- Strategic Transition Team – working with the Head of Strategic Transition to gain a good understanding of our fund administration platform eFront FIA, the technology employed and the expectations of how team members should utilize the system as part of day-to day client service delivery. This team of Funds experts, who have cutting edge technology skills and experience, will provide the role holder with all that they need to get started on our platforms and be comfortable with navigating them.
- Investor Relations Team – working with the Head of Investor Relations to understand how the business manages the static data of our clients and their investors and how this is integral to our service delivery, whilst also gaining an understanding of the more complex Investor reporting and services that are provided via this specialized team of tax, legal and Funds experts.
- Operational Support – working with the Head of Operational Support to get a solid knowledge base regarding how our team fits in to the wider BP2S business, our procedures and processes, risk and commercial awareness, and also get hands on experience within our dedicated Private Capital banking team.
- Client Service Delivery – working with the Team Heads of our Secondaries, Mezzanine, Debt and Multi-Strategy teams, to get hands on experience of the day-to-day servicing of our clients in relation to Fund Accounting and Fund Administration. This will put in to practice the background knowledge gained so far with regards to our processes and platforms. The role holder can expect to work as part of a dynamic and fast-paced team, Classification : Internal learning on the job alongside technical training provided by dedicated trainers, and with client exposure from relatively early on.
- Corporate Services – working with the Head of Corporate Services to spend time looking at how BP2S supports our Private Capital clients with their corporate governance requirements by providing dedicated company secretarial support and fund compliance officers where required. The role holder can expect to attend Board meetings with the client and Directors in attendance, and to see real time how decisions are made regarding the activities of the funds that we service.
- Business Implementation – working with the Head of Business Implementation, the role holder will get hands on experience of how we project manage the on-boarding of new business through from fee proposals to a fund admitting investors for its first close. There will also be the opportunity to look at how the business meets relevant regulatory requirements surrounding AML./KYC and how this key activity links in to the Fund Accounting and Administration functions.
Once this programme has been completed then the role holder will work with the Head of Fund Services to ascertain the best specialism/team in which to continue their career at BNP Paribas, at a level which is at least equivalent to Senior Fund Accountant/Administrator dependent on performance and suitability throughout this period.
The role holder can expect to complete the programme within 18 months.
- Proper and effective administration skills
- Good time management skills
- Good prioritisation skills to deal with a high volume of time sensitive tasks quickly and appropriately
- Sound problem solving skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Package with an emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Basic understanding of the Private Capital industry
- To be keen to learn and absorb new knowledge whilst being proactive in your own approach to your learning.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and able to deal with various parties both internal and external
- Organisational skils are key, with an ability to manage workloads and to meet all deadlines
- Demonstrable motivation and ability to learn new applications and processes
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work consistently to meet client deadlines
An interest to study towards ICSA/ACCA/ACA or a similar qualification
Experience of basic financial services environment or similar