- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- JE-Saint Helier
- Job / Mission
- OPERATION PROCESSING
Main Job Purpose
- Day to day management of the team, ensuring all client-dealing requirements are actioned efficiently – investigating and resolving any dealing challenges.
- To work in partnership with clients, Transfer agents and the wider BNP Paribas network to review service and identify ways of enhancing service delivery and efficiency.
- Provide leadership and support to the team, organising and delegating workloads whilst motivating the team to succeed in providing excellent Client Focus at all times.
- To act as a point of escalation for all parties, taking appropriate action to ensure efficient resolution
- To proactively manage day-to-day workloads within the team, ensuring all departmental tasks are undertaken in a systematic and controlled manner, ensuring all controls are strictly adhered to, minimising the risk and financial costs associated with deal execution.
- Develop positive working relationships across all other departments, proactively building a network of contacts within the wider BNP Paribas Group.
- Immediate escalation of issues that expose the Bank to financial or reputational risk.
- To undertake regular risk assessments of operational procedures to identify opportunities to enhance controls and reduce operational risk.
- Arranging production of Management Information within strict deadlines, undertaking analysis to identify trends and proposing enhancements.
- To monitor service levels of providers and 3rd parties and escalate as required.
- To gain sufficient knowledge of BNP platforms and to be seen as an expert in FDS associated applications.
- Act as first point of escalation for internal and external clients.
- Demonstrate strong client focus skills, taking a lead role in client service reviews where required.
- To actively support the sales and on-boarding process.
- To identify opportunities to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Take ownership of complex issues working towards resolution by employing a Simple & Efficient mind set.
- Proactively encourage team and individual innovation.
- Provide support and assistance on ad-hoc projects to progress shared business goals.
- Undertake regular team meetings, 1:1s, interim and annual appraisals, providing feedback on performance to ensure continual development through training and coaching.
- To ensure HR guidelines and policies are observed.
Recruitment & Induction
- Participate effectively in the recruitment process
- Induct new team members effectively
- Carry out probation reviews and sign-off
Employee Development & Career Management
- Organise on-the-job training and mentoring
- Hold regular one-to-ones
- Hold Career Management Meetings as required
- Carry out appraisals
- Identify training needs
- Identify key performers for purposes of succession planning
- Manage absence, updating Absence Manager as appropriate
- Maintain up to date Job Descriptions for team
- Manage overtime
- Monitor CPD for the team
- Manage budgets as appropriate
- Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and Group's internal Compliance requirements
Other HR related Process
- Manage performance issues
- Deal with staff issues in conjunction with HR
- Advise HR of any changes in role
- Contribute to the annual compensation review process
- Manage the leaver process
- Represent BNP Paribas effectively, both internally and externally
- Be responsible for promoting and raising awareness of own team
- Knowledge of Fund processing, the technical intricacies and the involved parties.
- Thorough understanding of the features of the different types of relevant Collective Investment Funds. Including the ability to understand complex fund documentation.
- The ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the compliance and regulatory environment within which BNP Paribas operates.
- Sharing knowledge
- Creativity and Innovation
- Risk Management
- Ability to report
- Client Focus
- Taking responsibilities
- Developing others
- Inspiring others
- Directing a positive way
- Holding or working towards Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment Unit 2.
- Computer literacy across a variety of applications.